For over 60 years, Conwell-Egan Catholic High School has been dedicated to building character, achieving excellence, and demonstrating commitment. The attributes of integrity, compassion and honesty are core values of the young men and women who have made CEC their home. We are proud of our rich and spirited history at CEC, a culture that has developed men and women who have excelled in their ambitions.
We have a great history, but we are not resting on our laurels. Over the past several years, we have been transforming CEC to meet the needs of an increasingly complex and changing world.
Our core academic principle is to develop well-rounded students with strong values and learning agility. A few recent highlights:
- In 2018, we introduced a school day with nine periods instead of the traditional eight. This enables us to provide additional time to teach Math, English, and study skills. This improved structure is critical to efficiently and effectively learning course material and building momentum for success at CEC at beyond. We also offer SAT prep courses as part of our core curriculum.
- The Center for Student Leadership is in its sixth year and continues its mission of delivering “career day” every day at CEC.
- In addition to opening the brand new, state-of-the-art Performing Arts Center in 2019, we recently installed a brand new, multi-purpose turf field and renovated multiple areas of campus, including the gymnasium, counseling center, engineering lab, business classrooms, and science labs.
- We introduced the STEEM program at CEC, with a focus on providing students with an opportunity to experience inquiry-based learning, with structured instruction in Engineering courses, as well as Robotics, EAST (CEC’s unique and well-established Education Accelerated by Science and Technology program) and integrated technology exposure in class and extra-curricular settings.
- We have expanded our counseling center to provide four full-time counselors, allowing a 145:1 student to counselor ratio. This far surpasses the national average of 415:1.
- In summer 2022, we broke ground on a another turf field complex that will serve our softball, football, and field hockey teams.
CEC is a school on the move, driven to continue its long history of producing well-rounded students ready to take on the challenges of post high-school life. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you to the CEC family.
Mr. Tom Lynch ‘72
Here at Conwell-Egan Catholic, we challenge our students to embrace learning and develop their own legacy of leadership.